Rudolph the Reindeer Porridge & the amazing benefits of oats
With school holidays already here and Christmas literally right around the corner, making sure our kids are fueled for their busy days is our number one priority! For kids that are running around all day, starting the day with high quality carbs gives them the energy that they need to run an absolute muck as we know they love to do. Oh and I can't forget they are cheap, so you can put the savings towards more presents! :)
Not only does this Reindeer porridge look super cute it has so many benefits for children of all ages such as;
1. A natural source of energy A nutritious breakfast should include a mix of wholegrains like rolled oats, along with a serving of protein (e.g. milk, yogurt, nuts or eggs). Carbohydrates are the body's preferred source of energy and are essential for keeping kids going throughout the morning.
2. Full of wholegrains Wholegrains help you stay fuller for longer and hopefully this means we’re not nagged for snacks every ten minutes! - we can dream right?
3. Source of fibre Oats are a good source of dietary fibre and because they contain all three parts of the natural grain, they are important for maintaining a healthy digestive system.
4. Source of protein Rolled oats are a high-quality protein source that is beneficial to muscle growth and development. Just one serving (40g serve) of rolled oats with skim milk has 10 grams of protein, which is considered a good source of protein.
5. Gentle on digestion Oats are a nutritious, single-grain food that is easy on your baby's digestive system. They help promote fullness and a healthy appetite while preventing gas.
Oats Milk (any type) Strawberries Blueberries
Cook the oats depending on how many kids you are feeding & how runny they would like it
Cut the strawberries to make ears & antlers.
The blueberries make the eyes & done!
You can add honey or maple syrup for a little sweetness & use our bamboo or plant-based to brighten up brekkie even more