Keep Australia Beautiful with bobo&boo bamboo dinnerware sets for children
Keep Australia Beautiful with bamboo dinnerware sets for children
Here at bobo&boo bamboo dinnerware sets for children we are passionate about living cleaner, greener lives, which is why we are really excited about Keep Australia Beautiful Week, 22-28 August 2016.
One of the key objectives of #KABWeek is to lead, influence and advocate for environmental sustainability. And core to our business is the desire to reduce the amount of plastic in the world, and in turn limit exposure to harmful toxins within even BPA-free plastics, hence the bamboo dinnerware sets for children.
With this in mind, and considering the fact that it takes between 20-1000 years for plastic to break down, we wanted to share some ideas for reducing your plastic footprint, in the lead up to #KABWeek.
Tips for reducing your plastic foot print
- Refuse single-use plastic. The top four offenders are:
1. plastic bags
2. water bottle
3. takeaway coffee cups lids
- Buy a reusable take away mug – we recommend glass, ceramic or stainless steel options, to help avoid nasty plastic chemicals leaching into your warm beverage.
- Avoid products that are ‘overpackaged’– and reconsider how you wrap gifts for people.
- Pack a waste-free lunch – glass containers are a good option, because they are reusable and don’t contain any nasty chemicals that can leach into your food upon reheating.
- Know what you can and cannot recycle. For example, plastic bags and cling wraps contaminate the recycling process, which means much of what can be recycled ends up in landfill, so these kinds of items should not go in the recycling bin.
- Learn how to recycle properly. For example, did you know plastic bottle tops should be removed before putting your empty bottle in the recycling bin? This helps ensure there is no liquid or air left inside to disrupt the recycling process.
- Reduce the plastics in your life – for the health and safety of your family, we suggest reducing plastics in your kitchen, which is probably the biggest harbourer of nasty plastic chemicals in your home.
Did you know our bamboo dinnerware sets are 100% plastic free?
That means there are no nasty plastic chemicals that can leach into your food. Our bamboo dinnerware sets can be used over and over and over again. And they are microwave and dishwasher safe. They are also 100% biodegradable and delivered to your door in biodegradable packaging. View our range>
For more on #KABWeek, click here>
Like our Facebook page for more tips to keep your family happy and healthy.
Photo credit: @melandmamma