Healthy recipes for families | 18.10.2018
Healthy Halloween Lollies – Agar Gummies
Healthy Halloween Lollies!
These agar gummies have to be one of my kiddo’s favourite treats, and I love that it only takes two ingredients to make them! #mumwin
Here’s how I do it:
- Bring to a gentle simmer a carton of any store bought juice or smoothie. I prefer to use single-ingredient smoothies without any added sugars or gums.
- Add in 1 tbsp of Agar powder – NOT the flakes.
- Whisk until fully mixed in with no clumps!
- Transfer mixture to your favourite mould. (Look in Kmart or in two-dollar shops for Halloween-themed shapes and moulds if you want a spooky design like these!)
- Put in the fridge for about 30mins or until set.
FYI, these are NOT like your traditional gummy; they aren’t chewy and don’t tend to melt in the heat – perfect for an Aussie Halloween!