Healthy recipes for families | 30.09.2019
Fun In The Kitchen
Pizza! Who doesn't love it?Look no further we've got you covered with two yummy pizza base recipes and how to get those little helpers involved and having fun it the kitchen...who knows you might even have them eating a veggie pizza with this method. Let's start with a super easy three-ingredient pizza base that's sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
3 Ingredient Pizza Base
- 1 cup self-raising flour (or 1 cup plain flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder)
- 1 cup unsweetened yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon dried herbs eg, mixed herbs or oregano
- In a bowl combine all ingredients.
- Bring together to form a ball.
- Turn out onto a floured board. Knead and roll the dough for 5-8 minutes.
- Roll into an oblong or round shape.
Cauliflower Pizza Base
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- To make the cauliflower crust, add cauliflower to the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely ground, yielding about 2-3 cups.
- Transfer to a microwave-safe bowl. Cover loosely and place into the microwave for 4-5 minutes, or until softened; let cool.
- Using a clean dish towel, drain cauliflower completely, removing as much water as possible.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Stir in eggs, mozzarella, Parmesan and Italian seasoning; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread cauliflower mixture into a 15- by 10-inch rectangle onto the prepared baking sheet. Spray lightly with nonstick spray and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until golden.
- Top with pizza topping of your choice. Place into oven and bake until the cheese has melted about 3-5 minutes.